Has the Medicare decision been looming over you?
While Medicare can be a huge relief to many of us as we get older, actually choosing a plan can feel overwhelming. Do you go directly with Medicare or do you look for a private company that contracts with Medicare?
Let me tell you, this was not an easy decision for me but I love my own Medicare Part C plan!
What is Medicare Part C?
If you haven’t gotten too deep into the Medicare decisions yet, then you might be a bit confused by all of the terminologies.
A Medicare Part C plan, or Medicare Advantage Plan, is offered by private companies.
These plans provide all of your Part A (hospital insurance) and Part B (medical insurance) and may offer extra coverage like vision, hearing, dental, and more. Many of them even include Part D (prescription drug coverage).
The AARP Medicare Advantage Plan
Want to know the plan that has quite literally changed my life?
The AARP Medicare Advantage Plan from United Healthcare.
This plan was easy for me to set up and gives me access to the largest network of doctors nationwide.
Just a few reasons I love this plan:
- My primary care visits are covered as well as hospital stays.
- This plan gives me free gym membership through Renew Active. I was a paid 24 Hour Fitness member for years. Now my Medicare Advantage covers it.
- I have dental coverage, vision coverage, and hearing coverage with a $0 copay. This gives me real peace of mind.
- My vision plan even covered my recent cataract surgery. (Life-changing!)
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 prescription drugs are covered
- Plus, I have access to free pharmacy delivery to my home
Signing up was super easy and continuing to use it has been a breeze for me.
Honestly, finances are my weak point but having the AARP Medicare Advantage Plan puts me at ease and helps me know that my health is one less thing I’ll have to worry about.
(Plus, I love that it helps me keep my health up by providing me a free gym membership!)
To sign up, you just need to head to their website and discover a plan for your area and budget.